Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tuesday is shopping day

These are some of the books I want to buy from Amazon:

English in Urban Classrooms: A Multimodal Perspective on Teaching and Learning

I want to learn all about this so that I can do multi modal analysis LOTS. I want to get a lot of video footage from the school where I am workingon gender and achievement. I think the teachers in the project will love it.

Belonging Anya had this book on her blog and I looked it up on Amazon. I love kids' picture books and this one is about SPACES.

Literacy as Snake Oil: Beyond the Quick Fix Colin Lankshear (Editor) Jackie told me about this book over a year ago and I have notgot round to ordering it as you have to wait 8 weeks for it. My local bookshop REFUSED to try and get it as they said it was too hard to get!!

Class, Self, Culture by Beverley Skeggs I was impressed by Bev at the GEnder and Education conference where she talked about this book. It was really good.

So those are on the list at the moment but I still have plenty of books I have not time to read yet ... mostly on blogging!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.