Saturday, April 16, 2005

Changed Priorities

I should get this put on a t shirt.

Is this a Party Political Confession?

Anyway, my daughter will be 18 on 25th April. This is very weird, suddenly 'of age'. A socially constructed milestone, but somehow significant.
She has had ME for about half of her life and missed nearly all of her secondary school education.
After her school-friends deserted her, bored with her illness (not as bored with it as we are) she got new friends from here.
Over the years we learned to stop saying, "I am sure you'll be better soon," and have just got on with a different kind of life for her.
So we have changed our priorities and maybe we'll do the same again one day.

3 comments:

Gareth said...

It's not the best, but it's not the worse either - a mother who cares like you can't be taken for granted by all 18 year old girls

Joolz said...

You are such sweetie pies .. and I have tears in my eyes now ...
Funny to use a blog like this but I just wanted to say what was right at the front of my mind as at the moment cannot concentrate on anything else ..
But I am glad for friends who say kind things ... and Kate and I want you to work in Sheffield too ...

Joolz said...

Thanks for this ... I will tell Rosa about you Littlemojo.
Old posts are archived on the right of my blog, just above the meter.
have you found out how to do different sized photos yet?

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.