Sunday, April 03, 2005

Subway Girl


Subway Girl
Originally uploaded by CherryVega.
Love this photo, love this fashion, which is oh so Fruits.



I found the photo on Flickr today and Cherryvega has loadsa excellent photos to browse, including a photoshopped version of herself as a Manga character.

I think we could call this approach to photography postmodern.


But significantly for KATE who has been asking for an official line on this, I think we can say the Tokyo street fashion exemplified here is both post-modern AND post-feminist.



If you want to see chats about this kind of gear go here.

But more detail is coming on post feminist fashion in the next post ...


In the meantime, here is a new one on people as text:

2504075_f735aecffb_m

I really need to go to Tokyo - but oh to be as good a photographer as Cherry.

1 comment:

Joolz said...

Yes. Investigating cool. That too is very very cool.
Excellent.
I am going to try and think of something cooler.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.