Friday, August 05, 2005

Vimeo

Ths site is a video sharing space, and it's 'About' page declares that:

The inspiration for this site, most prominently, comes from Ludicorp's Flickr, Josh Schacter's del.icio.us, Lev Manovich, Albert-Laszlo Barabasi, and Dr. Maria Montessori.


It is not blogging on video, (you are only alowed 8mgs of space per week)rather it allows you to put short videos on the web which you can then link to from your blog. I don't think you can download into the blog though, but reckon that must be coming...

Anyway no time to experiment with this today, but will do when I get back from my holiday.

In the meantime, why don't you check out the site and see what clips there are? I found some of them VERY puerile, while others just illustrate how hard it is to make a film that will capture and hold attention. Just because a film is shorter does not mean it is easier to make; it has to be well shot and well PLANNED. Most of the examples I saw on this site are not, but it is early days yet.
For what it's worth, I quickly learned from using my video camera, you are best off avoiding swooping about with the camera; you should take a series of shots; don't try to 'show everything' but instead should keep a tight, still frame round the subject.
But what the Hell do I know?
Nowt, probably.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.