Tuesday, August 16, 2005

More

pictures from the magical city of Edinburgh. I really enjoyed watching the people as so many seemed really interesting ...

I actually stalked this Pretty in Pink superhero out of a cafe I was in, as I wanted to see if her mac would swing behind her as she walked. It did.

in-the-pink


This woman I fell in love with ... I spotted her from afar, hanging things from a home-made 'tree' - flowers, pink shoes, feathers, beads, plates of fancy cakes. I went to see her after I took her photo to see if she was OK about that ... she was happy about it. She asked me to pick something frm her tree. Of course I chose the pink shoes. She hung them round my neck, sat me down on a white chair and sang me a song. Her song told me my dreams would come true. I think I was in love with the pink dream lady. And I know you would have been too.

dream-lady2


Later we went to see an open air film; there were people doing face painting, plaiting hair with ribbons and stuff. It was lovely.

arty-people

What-did-you-say

dreaded-top-knot


On the way back to our hotel, we saw a woman in red. I call this picture 'Everything but the girl.'

everything-but-the-girl

(I want to be on holiday forever.)

9 comments:

Clare said...

Oh my goodness Dr Joolz... a 'Don't look now moment' - possibly the spookiest film of my adolescent years.
I just LOVE your photos. YOU ARE MAGNIFICENT.
How did the song go?

Joolz said...

Thank you very much Simply Clare.
You too are magnificent, it has to be said.
The song was one she wrote and she played her guitar too.
It was something about gateways and magic and dreams.
I loved it!!

Mary Plain said...

I love the one with the red and the rest all black and white. How do you do that?!

Joolz said...

I used photoshp - you have to draw round the girl and 'select her' and then go to an option to turn the pic black and white.It all changes apart from the selected area..

Joolz said...

Oh my god.
Let us all run a workshop.
We could have a pink dress code.

Mary Plain said...

well to the jaybad Dr Joolz. We could practise at the ESRC seminar. (And thank you for revealing your technical strategy. Do you have a stylus or amazing mouse control?)

Joolz said...

I just used the touch pad on my laptop ..

Mary Plain said...

you are very dextrous (sp?) Dr Joolz

Joolz said...

oooh thanx.
No one has said that to me before!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.