Monday, August 01, 2005

I am

quite worried about the literacy levels in Liverpool:

Dispair

And yes Kelly-Marie, I dispair of you.

And how are we to know how many fat boys this cafe is for?

But how many boys?

In case the author of this signage is looking, can I just say:

Fat boy's cafe = The cafe is for just one fat boy
Fat boys' Cafe = The cafe is for lots of fat boys.


And that is even before we start thinking about the Public Health and Safety aspects on the cuisine in this particular establishment.

And I DEFINITELY do not want to buy liver from here:

Yummy liver

2 comments:

Joolz said...

Artefacts?

Artifacts?

Anonymous said...

there is a possibility that the boys simply forgot to put quotation marks around the words fat boys, or possibly they are very clever linguists playing a highly sophisticated joke on people who obsessively, Lynn Truss - like, get het up over Signage punctuation.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.