Wednesday, August 03, 2005

If walls could talk

When I was in Sheffield city centre today, I discovered a street with derelict buildings.
Really strange, as I had not noticed it before, I go past it often, and it is literally in the centre. Anyway, I looked through a broken, and very dirty window and saw four men, dressed in satin boxing shorts, boxing gloves etc etc, having a boxing match in a proper boxing ring. I have only ever seen that on the tv before and it was surreal seeing that funny little scene through the window.

I wonder what the story is there. (Did they break in? Is it their secret den? Are they renting it? Were they making a film? Was I in a time warp? Are they murderers? - ooops sorry got carried away.)


It was very weird but they looked as if they would hit me if I photographed them. So that's it; no pic.

I took this picture of a nearby cry for help instead:

rejection


Interesting that there is a web address; I like the way someone has neatly rammed the beer can in the air vent.

Who do you think wrote it and why? ( I DEFINITELY think it is a girl's writing)

2 comments:

Mary Plain said...

I think it is a girl, too. Are you going to email the address? do you think it really exists?

Joolz said...

OK.
Sent an e mail and this came back ...

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

talk2me@mypersonalemail.com

etc. etc.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.