Sunday, January 09, 2005

Photos and blogs

It is great to see exhibitions like this on the Internet.
I think there are some excellent photographs and of course it is interesting to think about the perspective in terms of reassesing and/or challenging our constructions of childhood.
It is great to also be able to see great photographers sharing their work like this. (I recommend looking at Mississippi first - it is on at Liverpool Open Eye Gallery at the moment.)
This is my favourite picture, but I really think they are all very good as depictions of lives; each picture telling or hinting at its own story.

The internet allows us to see so much and it can open up the lives of anyone who may be housebound. The Internet is incredibly versatile - although not as good as really going out and being in new places.

I agree that books and tv are also great textual resources, but I love the interactivity and creativity the Internet allows.

The space of the Internet feels really different when we look at exhibitions on line, to when say, we look at something like a photoblog. See here and here (this allows comments and questions on the forum). This one seems more exhibition than blog here - boundaries blur, don't they, from one type of site to the next?

This is something very different indeed which is photojournalism with no censorship other than the photographer's. And the reporting can be so fast.

I have been thinking about the space of the Internet and about how flexible it is.
And as you know, I love snapshotz.
There is more to say but no time ... I have stuff going on outside my blog, you know?



1 comment:

Joolz said...

My computer is also by my kitchen. Sometimes I get food on it.
I don't look at the times of comments etc .
I love the new site meter that was how I found Dark Dorothy.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.