Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

I got a new pair of spex for Xmas but they were not as good as these!

Being away from my blog has been a great sadness, but obviously I did not forget to bring back some gifts with which to paper my affinity space:


Nice 2004

(99% of blondes who play on PS2 have an abnormally high IQ)

Nice 2004

(89% of the men whose wives play on PS2 spend more time with their children)

The thrust (sorry) of the ads is that it is time for the men to move over and let the women play .... I am going to watch this campaign with interest as clearly it is going to take more than a few ads to re-gender the games and to reallocate those slithers of time/space needed to learn and play with PS2 ... As we know it takes a LOT of time, devotion and concentration to even begin an apprenticeship into PS2. Will women re-order their social groupings to make space for PS2 communities?

And will they play nicely??

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.