Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Social AND Cultural forms of capital

Yep. I got them all today.
Rock on.

In discussing Forms of Capital, (Mmmm hmmm, I know ...) I was able to bulid up my objective capital as I sucked information and ideas from JM and AMB.
At the same time I was accruing social capital by merely being in their presence since JM is a Reader in Education (Ahuh) and AMB is an international triathlete.

My cultural capital increased apace as after a while they took some notice of me and were even in my room!!!

(I had my cake and ate it.)

Well anyway having been inflated by all this capital, up to the stautus of Post-modern Powerpuff girl I went with palpable potency to the next meeting,
in JM's Ka
. -
(More social cap, babes, JM drove ME!!)


AS we left, I took this shot of the intriguing notices, many copies of which were around the building.

Take note

We wondered whether the spitting reference realted to the breakfast or the vehicles. But as TT has identified they are operating in a new time zone over there, since round our neck of the woods, Thursday is the 26th.

2 comments:

Anya said...

I think that the social capital of blogs relates to how many people make comments on your posts. I have noticed that some people like DrJoolz get up to 17 comments on the one post!!!! You're capital in the capital stakes, Dr J!

Joolz said...

ha ha, it is funny isn't it? I think that this is an interestingthing about numbers of comments etc.Blogger gives tips on how to boosts visits etc and Flickr also invites people to accumulate favourites and contacts etc.
All this is going into my conference paper ...
And as for clever people I am surrounded by them in meat space as well as in the blogosphere ;-)

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.