Friday, May 13, 2005

A different gaze

I was in Leicester for a couple of days as external examiner for a teacher training course ...
The weather was fabulous and the person who showed me round was a geographer ... it was very interesting to be shown around by someone who uses a gaze for Cities that is different to mine.
She taught me I should always be looking up to see the history of buildings ...

Tophat detective agency

I saw Top Hat Terrace is embellished with designs; a representation of the disguises used by Leicesters first Private Detective ...


Interesting multiple identities, which actually all look the same to me really ..

My hotel was in a sumptuous location and I took these photos just yards away from where I was staying ...

Leicester Square!

New walk Leicester

And left to my own devices, when I looked upwards at the buildings I saw this other kind of identity marker ...

1st lot 041

3 comments:

Anya said...

Fascinating images - I love the rooves and facades of buildings too. Did you enjoy doing the examining?

Joolz said...

I really enjoyed it yes thanks ... the schools were lovely, the tutors were great and the students really working hard. It was really nicelooking at another course, I liked it a lot.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.