Sunday, February 27, 2005

A whole lotta synchronicity going on ...

One of the students at the MA weekend school (at Ranmoor Hall) told me she used to be a professional knitter. Amongst other things she has knitted The Princess and the Pea and also a cauliflower and other vegetables.
Imagine my surprise to see that Trois Tetes has been blogging about knitting!
He must be right, it is all the rage. See this WONDERFUL knitting blog, including a post about making a fried egg and bacon bag.
The other day I brought you knitted snacks and am very excited that I may be on the brink of a whole new AFFINITY space to research. Oh the joy. I hope there are lots of knitting blogs. This one has quite a disturbing image of a mangled cat.
In case you thought that knitting was trivial, there is an activist site, with it's own manifesto. It has a strong sense of community, with the strapline, "Building community, and speeding forward the revolution, through knitting.". The site is brilliant. You should go there.
Then of course, there is the Chemo Cap. which are both a head warming, as well as heartwarmming idea.
But Stitch n Bitch seems to be very edgey and is linked on loadsa knitting blogs. It is all SO EXCITING.

2 comments:

Gareth said...

Ah, but there's knitting and there's knitting

Joolz said...

I think Yoga may be the answer for us both.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.