Saturday, June 11, 2005

Been shopping

and got new books.

This Liz Jenesen one promises to be as good as The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.
TT likes Su Doku.

And the Runaway World? Well, I feel I should read the Giddens intro to Globalisation ...


liz-jensen

Next up are these:

jeannie-Baker

All pictures and no words ... Jeannie Baker makes collages and then photographs them. Hugely detailed, these books show stories of the world from a view through the window. They are exquisite works of art and I will enjoy them for ages.


And now these:

everything-bad


- Upbeat descriptions of new technologies, popular culture and the digital generation enjoying them.

Finally, bought this for TT, but expect I will browse too:

photography

There you go, a good trip, where I got some nice brain food.

But don't forget to look at the post I did earlier today, and take the opportunity to browse through the Darfur photos. Putting these on Flickr and then on my blog straight after a post which featured a book on globalisation offers some kind of irony I think. (But was not really intended; I just noticed it.)

1 comment:

Joolz said...

Still not read Appadurai. Must do so.
I forgot about the kevin book - which they talked about on The Culture Show ..

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.