Monday, October 17, 2005

new meme

I read about this meme on Mary Plain's blog.
It said you had to go to the fifth sentence of your 23rd post and write about the sentence for a new post.

Well here are the first five sentences of that 23rd post:

Visual culture and the new canon
I have been thinking about images and their relocation to centre stage.I went to Rome (Tra la la) and saw what the fuss is all about with Caravaggio.The narrative around his work is that when he was first painting (at the end of the 1500s -start of 1600s), his pictures were seen as a threat to the old school of religious painting.
Previously ecclesiastical artists had represented the great stars of the Bible in highly idealistic etheral paintings. Beauty was high on the agenda: as well as purity, majesty and a certain cleanliness was assumed around being holy. Even crucifixions were sanitised.Entry stage left was Caravaggio with his paint brush - depicting images of Christ and the Madonna with filthy feet.

(Fifth line is in green.)
Reading this makes me immediately think of two things: that I have been obsessed with images for ages and have been boringly harping on and on.
Secondly that I really fancy a holiday.


ALSO


It is my blog's birthday today.

One year of posting.

OMG

Actually, my first post makes me blush. It is like seeing baby photos or something. Still, it's nothing you haven't seen before, but hey,

'My how I've grown!!'

3 comments:

Joolz said...

I feel really old though.

Mary Plain said...

happy birthday Dr Joolz's blog, many happy returns!

Joolz said...

Cool thanks

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.