Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another meme

Vitriolica tagged me the other day and told me about this meme where you have to write ten random facts about that you ahve not blogged before. And then tag as many people as the minutes it took you to write the facts. So you have to be fast. Vitriolica got the idea from Caroline here. So you can trace the meme back and back if you want .... Anyway set the clock, here goes: (9.59. p.m)

1. I used to be MAD about windsurfing and less so about sailing . Want to get back into my wetsuit and windsurf again - I am trying to get fit enough NOW.

2. I have a swimming certificate for swimming five miles.

3. I love cottage cheese, marmite and grated carrot sandwiches

4. I am rightly terrified of rats and snakes .

5. My fave colour was purple is now red .

6. I failed O' level maths and got into teaching on one of the two years where you did not need to have it.

7. I would never leave the house without wearing earrings.

8. I used to smoke and am very ashamed of this fact but it is out now .

9. I have two sisters and one brother and I adore them all.

10. When I was a kid I loved the cowgirl suit my grandmother bought me.

11. When I was a kid my brother used to torture me with 'the slipper treatment' - he put his slipper over my face and held it there... True.

12. I was terrified of Daleks - especially the red one.

13. I am blind in my right eye - but don't care as am used to it. (But I used to be cross eyed which was v. bad.) It would be information overload to have two eyes switched on I reckon.

14. I went to see Laura Cantrell a few weeks ago and it was fab.

15. When I was a kid I wanted to be an acrobat.

16. I would like to own a flat in London.

17. I would like to own a flat in Nice.

18. When I was expecting my first child (Rosa) I was not expecting her ... I did not know I was pregnant till I was seven months pregnant. This is also embarrassing.
19. I am really lucky to have a job as an academic - mainly as I am so thick.
20. I got a really nice coat last week and have been discreet about it as it has not got big pockets like Clare's .

That took me FIVE minutes and I typed really fast.

So the tags are for:
Lyn who told Caroline who told Vitriolica about the meme.
Scrivener who is an English teacer in Atlanta.
Virtually Mother - you will love her - get over there today to see the witchy pix. (Hear her moan about marking ...)
The Professional Lurker who has some very interesting blog statistics and also some info about a teaching session she has just done on bloggers and Hurricane Katrina
And lastly mashuga's fotolog.

15 comments:

Lucy P said...

yay! you did it!
oh, joolz, we have SO much in common! er... red... er... ex-smoker... er being pregnant for a bloomin' long time without knowing it. (though I only got to FIVE months!)

Joolz said...

Wow!! Another pregnancy like mine... stupid or what?? MInmd you, no one believed me when I told them I was pregnant - I was not one bit fat!!

Rob Burton said...

If you are blind in one eye ref no.13 why not wear a patch over one eye then you could go around talking like a pirate, which would be really cool and impress your students no end. How about starting your lectures: 'Avast there Me Hearties' That would wake them up!

Go here for some tips:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Rob Burton said...

Avast Here be the UK site AAAARH!

http://www.yarr.org.uk/talk/

Joolz said...

I love the pirate idea and am going to check out where youu buy a patch. Why do pirates wear patches? DO they keep poking each other in the eye?
Re virtual mother she is very funny but is pregnant and that is NOT what I want to be.
Avast me hearties!!

Mary Plain said...

this is a great meme, I like these games! another bit of web-based playfulness..
does anyone else remember the Pirate reading books? 'Pirates always shake their fists when they meet' always had me puzzled. None of that in Treasure Island. Or Pugwash.

Rob Burton said...

And that urban myth re Seaman Stains..... on pugwash

Joolz said...

Dunno that myth DrRob...

Rob Burton said...

Find out about Seaman Staines, Master Bates and Roger the Cabin Boy

Here:
http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/pugwash.htm

Joolz said...

OMG DrRob why am I so thick? (See point 19 above.)I never noticed that about captain Pugwash before!!

Clare said...

Fabulous stuff... all of it. BUT Dr Joolz although I can believe that you were so slim that you didn't know you were preggers.... how on earth did you not know about Master Bates?
And on the eye patch front, I went to a wedding once where a glamorous lady wore a pink sequinned one. She was magnificent, you MUST get one.

Joolz said...

Now then.
Where can we get the pink sequinned eye patch?

Mary Plain said...

Hi SimplyClare, good to see you back.. you okay? and yes, let's all have pink eye patches. We could all wear them at UKLA next year..

Rob Burton said...

Don't you people ever google?

http://www.eyepatchheaven.com/eyepatch.htm

Joolz said...

OMG DrRob you know EVERYTHING.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.