Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Thyme


to go out for a meal here.

This was Anne Marie's starter... it looked like it should be shared, there was so much.

Weird how when you read a menu, if there is a really long descripton, the food is always even more of a surprise. This was goatscheese and pear with rocket or something.
Anyway that's it for tonight. Can't be bothered to think but what can you expect?

Behaving for the evening like DrRob,or Bob the Builder, I had to do DIY.

Should have photographed it with before and after images, but forgot.
Oh well; suffice to say daughter's bedroom is now transformed to look like The Sistine Chapel.

It is now one in the morning and time for bed.
Oh well.
Goodnight children, everywhere.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Did you go to the posh Thyme restaurant Dr Joolz?
it looks amazing.
I am glad you are finally having some fun and I hope you get some rest too.

Rob Burton said...

Well that starter just looks too pretentious for words! Why does food now have to resemble art instelations al la Tracy Emin.

Theres nothing wrong with goats cheese in my view apart from the smell and the taste, and theres nothing I like more than a poached pear, but blimey what a kerfuffle!

Lets have food like it used to be, brown, overcooked and tasteless!

Mary Plain said...

I'm with Kate on this one.. looks great, especially to someone who has just finished 7 days detox- no wine, tea, coffee, fruit, meat, wheat, potatoes... (it was worth it though and I did lose 2.5kg or 5.5lbs in old money)

Joolz said...

Way to go Mary pLain that's amazing ... well done.
Yes I did go to posh Thyme Kate. It was on Saturday night ... and it was a bit cold. We decided it was cold in there though; we probably won't go again!! I agree with Dr Ronb that some restaurants go a bit too mad with decorative food. It all the rage to put things in piles or in rows. It is food in tidy sets. Strange how food can be fashionable; strange this influence chefs have on what we eat.
Used to be Delia who decided what we have for tea. Now it is more often Jamie.

Clare said...

I cooked Jamie's fragrant Thai green curry last night. Bloomin marveloous!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.