Sunday, July 17, 2005

summer in the steel city

I only live twenty minutes walk from the Sheffield city centre so I tend to walk in.
It is always pretty, especially so on Saturday as it was so sunny and I saw tennis, and frisbee, kids in the park and men playing bowls in Crookesmoor park - which has a lake (with fish).

Game of bowls

I know you can't see much from this, so let's check out the detail ...

Here we have an exchange of tactics...



And I thought this lot were meant to be watching ...

Gotya!!

The wives are just talking about their suntans I reckon, and the little guy is off and away..

Once I got into town, the women there were much more attentive spectators of men:

I fancy yours

These stylists from 'La Coupe' were checking out the credentials of the workmen knocking down a building. (I think they passed muster).

That's it really. A quiet weekend where I cleaned my house, went shopping and waited for TT to return.

I got presents. Yay!!!


But not from here.


TT seems to have spent most of his time taking weird photos like this with this.

Better luck for me next time maybe.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.