Monday, July 11, 2005

I joined!!!

After so much deliberation I have now joined the gym.

I went first thing in the morning to create a good impression but failed to do so. I looked like I was about to keel over when I walked in and was even worse when I left an hour and a half later. A sign of increased fitness will be that I do not swear under my breath the whole time and do not walk as if drunk when departing. (I bumped into the bin and then could not push the door open. It is killing me so far if you really want to know.)

Obviously I must thank all commenters greatly for their advice, support, encouragement and frankly their heart felt views over the last few weeks. (I may still be turning to you for more of the same if we carry on like this.)

We must wait and see what happens to my body over the next few months. It could go either way quite frankly.

I wonder if I will stop blogging while I increase my jogging.

In case you do not believe me, I sneaked my camera into the changing rooms and got the evidence.

gym

gym2

(That swimming cossie looked as lost as I felt.)

As you can see from the basic kind of layout, I have not gone upmarket this time, but on the advice of sweet Rosa will be getting new kit soon.

And does anyone know this? ...
How long does it take before you become beautiful?

3 comments:

Gareth said...

I have decided against joing a Gym. I will do arm curls with my increasingly heavy set of lenses instead.

BTW It takes no time for you to look beautiful. It takes about 45 minutes for you to look knock out each morning

Joolz said...

Do you mean 'Off the Hook?'

Anonymous said...

I have no car and have to walk everywhere I go. Apparently this is the secret regarding why french women don't get fat, however it doesn't seem to be a secret working for me.

I can walk to the gym, do 60 minutes on the treadmill, but then alas it takes me 2 hours to stumble home with exhaustion.

As for pilates. I can't even manage the beginner class from beginning to end without collapsing flat on my back and just lying around looking at the other ppl doing their cat arches and flutter kicks and ppppfffffttttt all that hard core stuff.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.