Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Reality Drama - Real- not -Real

Sometimes you just cannot be bothered to do anything at all in the evening ...so last night I watched tv from about 7 p.m. to about 11 p.m.

Fantastic.


The news at 7, followed by some awful thing about doing up your street with the neighbours. It did not live up to the hype and I watched people choose what walls to knock down, put up and then knock down again. I could not decide whether to watch the reality show about hellish neighbours, but instead (like Clare) opted for the old faves Trinny and Susannah. I saw them blitz a couple of women's wardrobes so they could be made into Trinny and Susannah clones on holiday. Then I think it was straight into Big Brother which I now cannot bare but HAVE to watch. I now do not want anyone to win and it is as much fun as being in a car crash with all your enemies, watching that. But I force myself just to show a bit of discipline; I mean if I cannot stick at something for a couple of months, what am I worth?

I had to pay the price for all this fun fun fun, by getting up at 6.45 in order to read a dissertation chapter ready for a student meeting me at 10. (Should have read it the previous evening of course.)

But nightmare, nightmare, had to do Tuesday's washing up as had not done it on Tuesday and was so rushed that I smashed the penultimate wine glass against the sink.

Fabulous.

Basically the margins between Reality TV and those of my life are blurring; this is all so post-modern I don't know who I live with. The walls of the BB house are ever open and I live in that house with THEM, but OMG they are in my house with me. It is all so confusing.

So here I am this evening back in my blogging routine.

In the Big Mother House.


It is day 5,000; I have done the cooking; I have washed up; I have done my marking; am doing my blog.

Bet you're pleased.

I know I am.

5 comments:

Gareth said...

I'm v pleased

Joolz said...

Phew.

Clare said...

May I enquire as to what Trois Tetes is pleased aboout?
May I also enquire as to what you are going to do now that you are down to your last wine glass? This is dire - worse than being down to your last pair of daily disposable contact lenses. May I suggest Sainsburys (sorry - but am having a problem with apostrophes today)? They sell very big wine glasses and straws - so you could share one and have less to wash up and therefore potentially break?
Yogetme??

Joolz said...

I think TT is v pleased I have done all the jobs. Or maybe he was pleased that I am pleased. Who knows? He is an enigma. (AKA lazy sod.)
Good idea re wine glass; very good. Will go to Sainsburys at the weekend.
Igetya. Wotever.
I hate Science. (Not to be confused with science.)

Gareth said...

I am v pleased to be the topic of conversation

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.