Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Read this aloud:

Margaret is training for movement and mime
She comes each morning in very good time
For she must keep the muscles of each lively limb
Mobile, nimble, rhythmic and trim.

Muriel had to recite this at her elocution lessons when she was a young girl.



In view of the fact that I could BARELY STAND from laughing after Muriel's well paced and practiced recitation, my little group attracted the attention of Henrietta Dombey who contributed this fine verse:

Uncle George and Aunty Mabel
Fainted at the breakfast table
This to you should be a warning
Never do it in the morning.


Goodness me.

1 comment:

Joolz said...

Oh thank you for this. This has become 'Poetry Corner'.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.