Friday, July 22, 2005

Digital Glocalities

This is an art installation set up by a group of artists, 'Visual Resistance' who use artefacts in order to make protest statements.
I recommend following this visual resistance link, to the VR blog as it is interesting.
There are a number of photos of so-called Ghost Bikes on Flickr.


I think it is interesting the various ways in which people make protests and I like the way people realise that the web can be used to distribute art. I like the idea of political art. I like the way we can see so much of the world from our homes and hear messages of local protest. And I like the way we get these messages from small groups now, rather than from huge corporations all the time.

As Vic and Allan might say
"Keep it Glocal!"

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.