Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursday is FOOD day

Yes. I am offering another regular feature .. an exploration of the stuff we eat.
My blog is becoming a consumer's paradise.

I will be looking at cuisine, gastronomy, fast food, slow food, medium paced food, starters, finishers, sweets and snax. (And indeed orthography may be important.)

Obviously, predictably, I begin with ..... the

Cupcake.


Cupcakes are, as I am sure you know, tres chic in New York.

butterflycupcake

This delicious example was found at FlirtyKitty's .

And I think that Cupcakes are getting a bit of a SEXY REPUTATION.
Mmmmhm.
I do.

Take for example the way the girls from Sex and the City have been going at them.

Obviously some of you will want to have one in the oven yourselves.

But swallow your pride, and why not see what the domestic sex goddess herself, Nigella, can offer here?


But OK, what IS the attraction with these sugared mouthfuls?

Well, let DrJoolz deconstruct for you. It won't take a moment to see.
The appeal is to do with their exquisiteness; the way they encapsulate fun, daring and even wit. They can be customised to your mood, your character, your desires.
They are a whimsical, potentially sexy and totally unnecessary luxury.
Cupcakes are the nutritional equivalent of Mary Quant to wholesome beauty.
They are cosmetic; they are designer. They are gone in an instant.


And so, dear bloggers, am I ......

2 comments:

Gareth said...

I sense an intertextual reference here

Joolz said...

Yes mothering and food is v important and needs research.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.