Saturday, January 28, 2006

Whilst in Belfast

I was able to pick up a few tips such as this:

With great foresight in 1907

Frankly I was very impressed that in 1907 they were able to predict how much time I would be wasting on Flickr and on my blog.

I was at The Belfast Institute talking about their online English course.
The building was pretty amazing actually:

Belfast-Institute

I wish I had taken my wide-angled lens as this was not the only magnifcent place I could not squeeze into frame.

The Central Hall was very easy to find owing to the helpful signage:

The help of a Disembodied hand

But my guide and mentor also helped me find the way. I was really well looked after and was told so much about the EGO course and how it has helped students gain access to opportunities they would not have had without it.

I got a great Irish culture lesson there too. The people were so friendly and I want to go back.

Even if it is just to have a drink in the oldest pub

The-Crown-Bar

and another look inside the oldest library.

Linen-Hall-Library


I stayed in the most bombed hotel in Europe. But it was OK. Don't you worry about me.

I was just fine.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I am glad you survived Dr Joolz.
I had no idea you were in Belfast.
You are becoming quite Nomadic

Joolz said...

Yes. I am a wanderer.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.