Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mr. and Mrs. Jennings Kenyon


Mr. and Mrs. Jennings Kenyon
Originally uploaded by kelsana.

Interesting how on Flickr people sometimes share photographs in quite a traditional way. Showing the image and then telling something of the history of the family.
There is a sense of this photgraph being an important artefact, even though it is here shown only digitally.
If you click on this image and go to Flickr, you can see how others comment and sometimes share their stories too.

I think this is an example of the way Flickr is utilised by many to make contact and friendships comparable to those in their off line worlds.

3 comments:

Kate said...

OMG this is so wierd.
I have a picture of my great-grandmother, which was taken around the turn of the century in the street at the bottom of the street where I live and this makes me wonder what to do with it.
Flickr is ofcourse, like a museum collection
but does it have any curators?

Anya said...

*TAG*

(which means I tagged you for a meme DrJoolz but it is optional of course)

See here: http://anya.blogsome.com/2006/01/26/four-thing-meme/

PS: I wanted to tag everybody I know with this meme but I was only allowed to choose 4, so you are very lucky ... or not! *laugh*

Joolz said...

There's an idea Chris ... share in Flickr. I'd make a fortune.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.