Sunday, January 22, 2006

What a digital world!!

City-Hall

Went to a gig here last night. It is the back of Sheffield city Hall. This photo was taken by TT - see here.

I saw Dar Williams,

dar-williams

(This is Dar..)

I also saw Lynn Miles.
And Alana Levandoski
All at Sheffield City Hal. See details here.
DrKate would have loved it with her taste in music.

The strange thing was, that at the same concert was Merrony’s Moll. It was lovely to see her.

MM is a member of the Sheffield Flickr group .
We have aready had two meetings and are about to have a third.
Here are some of us.
We met at The Showroom and even went on a joint photo excursion. That is how I recognised MM. She is lovely and we would never have met without Flickr and certainly not without the Internet.

Without the Internet we would never have been to the gig that night either.
How’s that?
Because TT had downloaded some music from a website which told him that if he liked that music (Lucinda Williams) then he would also like ‘Dar Williams’. He bought that CD too and liked it. Then he saw that she was on at the City Hall abd booked tickets (online.)

At the gig, I bought two CDs which I have now put onto my MP3 player.

So digital.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Wow Dr Joolz you are so COOL.
I am trying to book BIll Frisell in San Fransisco on the internet.
Any tips?

Joolz said...

That is such a disaster Chris. How can that happen??

Gareth said...

Chris - Ask Dr Joolz about her ipod, what her loving spouse bought in San Francisco? On second thoughts don't - it only lasted 6 days - which Apple thought was fair enough

Joolz said...

Aha yes Chris. Check out the woeful tale ..http://drjoolzsnapshotz.blogspot.com/2004/10/techo-trickery.html

Guy Merchant said...

This doesn't mean anything to me, so I'd better keep quiet.... No, on second thoughts I think I'll say (without any attempt to show off) I've bought iPods in Reno, San Antonio and Miami and they all work fine...(boring!)... but,now Bill Frisell in San Fransisco -that's a bit more like it!

Joolz said...

Everyone is getting so well travelled.
First time I ever went on an aeroplane I was 36 years old.
But now I go all over the place and I never feel blase about it. It is really thrilling I think. San Francisco very exciting. But I don't know who Bill is.

Guy Merchant said...

...what Bill can do with a guitar...(oh, I'll leave that to Kate)

Kate said...

Guy you must come too.
My ipod is fine and it has now been loaded up with Arctic Monkeys hurrah.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.