Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Reader is not Dead



Obviously readers will remember Toto from The Wizard of Oz.

Especially at this panto filled time of year.
('Panto', NOT 'Pants')



And I know you will feel pleased that the reader is still not dead. (Barthes actually wrote that the author was dead, in order to emphasis the vivacity of a reader). For a friend of mine was interactive when he watched The Wizard of Oz on tv at the weekend, and dressed himsellf and his dog in an appropriate manner:



Certainly we can see that my friend is a very avid, lively reader of texts.
(Here is Tallulah Sparkle who seems a little less than animated about being a fashion icon, however.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must say Tallulah looks gorgeous but I say that as I am biased.



A Friend of Dorothy's
xx

Joolz said...

Hello Dorothy's friend; I hoped you would drop by!!

Kate said...

So nice to see a picture of Tallulah on your blog Dr Joolz.

Joolz said...

Oooh thank you DrKate!

Mary Plain said...

how weird, we have both been posting about dogs doing strange things.. sure doesn't look like Kansas from here..

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.