Sunday, December 11, 2005

Celebrities and Monarchs

Another thing on Identity.
These people believe they are special and are entitled to priveleges.
That is because people around them pretend they are soooper superior.
Then everyone (except me and you) starts to believe it all. They end up thinking it is really true that they deserve to be treated as special and that it is a criminal offence not to treat them as special.

Very weird.

And sometimes the special/not special people pretend to believe they are ordinary; and really ordinary people pretend to believe that they are ordinary, but in an extraodinary way. Which is somehow supposed to be even better than being simply special.

It can be very confusing.

Yesterday I accidentally watched a bit of a tv programme where Sir Cliff (yes, 'Sir') was being interviewed. I heard him say something like,

'Yes I am just ordinary.On Christmas day I will be going to church and then spending the day with my family and friends just like ordnary people do.'

Yes Cliff. We know you are ordinary. But do you? Mind you if he keeps saying often enough 'I am just ordinary' more and morepeople will believe he is extraordinary.

Anyway yesterday in town I caught these two hot babes moving on with their identity formations like this:

highlights


I don't need to do this as I have a hairspray thing which helps me be a Queen AND a Superstar:

potions

I suppose you thought that my extraordinarily luscious hair was natural. But is is not, ithas been faked with what is now referred to as 'product'. 'Product' used to be called hairspray.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.