Friday, November 19, 2004

Product Placement

This is Avril lavigne's blog. Don't forget to turn the volume down before you go there....
Have a look at the first two entries ......
She talks about loving her fans, then addresses them directly. Bit of audience confuion there.
This is blogs as covert advertising.
Reminds me of when I used to get Jackie magazine in the 70s when there were ads for Anne French cleansing milk disguised as cartoon stories.
Is there a special name for this kind of marketing? Where ads hide behind another genre?
I think we will see a lot of blogs like this.

1 comment:

Joolz said...

I think girls now have more cash and buy CDs etc. I don't know as my own daughter is an excepotion and totally unmaterialistic.
I LOVED Jackie and I think I mentioned on another blog entry that I bought back copies on e bay.
Marvellous.
Re diets and pregnancy, I think women should use every excuse to pig out when pregnant.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.