Monday, October 25, 2004

Weirdness

1. It is very important that you go here and see these strange figures. Check out the forehead and fingers in Gallery 4.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

The artist is apparently a dog. TRULY.

2. I have been working on an idea for a book today. It will be about: Discourses for Learning and how these change in context. I am going to use data from teenagers' websites; from their discussion boards; weblogs; AND from classroom talk. Yes I am. It will be a thing to do with Communities of Practice; have Discourse Analysis; will show how brilliance derives from banality. (I hope it does.) I know that Third Space Theory will fit too and that I want to get in something from the Sheffield College's wonderful wonderful blended learning course Young People Speak Out.

3. My son told me that at his school they are banned from going on this site.

1 comment:

Joolz said...

Thank God you think my idea is OK so far.
I will probably tidy up my site.
I tidy my pcs (home and work as well as laptop).
It is very therapeutic to sort out files and to labl Memory cards with archived stuff.
I am careful about language on my blog. I referred to my husband as partner. My partner read it and laughed because he knew I used it so that people would not think I was a husband a wifey type person. So that's about impressions you create on the web.Being careful to shpow a tidied up side of yourself.
My daughter au contraire seems to want to use her journal to show thoughts and words she would not normally be brave enough to reveal. That is what is different I think in the way different people use their blogs.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.