Friday, October 29, 2004

An Exciting day today!!!

I am the proud owner of a new Sony Walkman.
I have just unwrapped the little darling and plugged it in to charge it up. I will cherish it forever and will always remember to put it back in its velvety wrap. I am at work at the moment so cannot play with it till I get home in five hours. Can I bear the wait?
If you want a popular culture history tour of Sony Walkmans go and look at their museum. Very nostalgic trip.
I have been working too .... Of course everyone knows Gee's book on video games and learning but there is a good synopsis of some of the learning principles on Stephen Downes' site. The site is a treasure trove of articles, publications and links, links, links. He even has recordings of presentations he has done. Really useful site.

2 comments:

Colin and/or Michele said...

Hey, congrats on your new Sony Walkman! I still have my bright yellow Sony cassette Walkman from way back when. It was the "waterproof" model and I took it absolutely everywhere with me (especially to the beach!). I haven't actually used it in years, but can't quite bring myself to throw it out. I was a really disappointed by Sony this week, however. An enterprising duo was taking old Sony cassette Walkmans and converting them into carry/play cases for Apple iPods, but Sony stepped in and told them to cease and desist.... such a shame!

Joolz said...

Oh shopping, shopping shopping!! It is so lovely to be able to talk about my new acquisitions as well as going out to buy them.
Thank you so much for your interest..
I definitely go into a world of my own with headphones on and pounding the pavements walking home. It's a really good unwind situation when I leave the office. I put the thing on full blast. I imagine I emanate that horrible tinny sound you hear coming from people on trains. But at the moment I have my hood up and scarf on as well so maybe it's not too bad.
The other place is the gym. I have playlists for the gym and these are carefully selected to mesmerise and keep my mind off my collapsing lungs.
Dido is pretty good but I like people yelling and Marizza is my current fave for this.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.