Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Following a trail

from litrate's site took me here and here.
Blogs by people into literacy and digital stuff at that.
Also went over to the other side of the pond, to Day in the life and Flaneuse.

(Did I ever tell you how marvellous all the people were , who I met in Miami? Dana and Sarah are so funky and funny and clever. And DrKate will meet them here soon I guess. )

I would love to spend all day reading blogs and papers and writing.
Oh hang on a minute. That IS what I have done all day.
And now I fear for my schedule.

Before I hop off and get back down to it, let me say ...

I am really looking forward to going to this:

Digital cultures, informal learning and school practice

Wednesday 5 July 2006

Bishop Grosseteste College
Lincoln
where Vic Carrington will be talking about this image like this:
The ‘Trapped underground.jpg’: Why did this image become iconic?
In this presentation, I plan to use examples drawn from a range of digital technologies to explore what strikes me as two interesting social phenomena: the emergence of new forms of civic participation; and, shifts in our view of play and creativity. It seems to me that an exploration of these two currents might tell us something useful about the influence of digital technologies on the everyday life of our society and as a consequence, their significance for school-based literacy practices.
So clever. No wonder she is a professor.
I am not going to tell you what the other two papers are about. Of course they are VERY GOOD but you cannot include EVERYONE all of the time now, can you?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Sheffield, South Yorks, United Kingdom
I am an academic interested in New Literacies, Digital Lifestyles, Informal Online Learning.